Situated in the South of Vietnam, created by alluvium of the Mekong River, this region is considered as Vietnam’s granary.
The region is featured by buffalo wallowing in rice paddies, conical hatted farmers, coconut and fruit-laden boats floating slowly along the mud-brown, houses and markets floating upon unnumerable rivers, canals and streams that criss-cross the landscape like arteries. Blessed with national parks, bird sanctuaries with countless species of rare and valuable birds, animals and plants such as Tram Chim National Park, Thap Muoi Stork Sanctuary (Dong Thap); Phu Quoc National Park (Kien Giang); Vam Ho Bird Sanctuary (Ben Tre); Bac Lieu Bird Sanctuary (Bac Lieu); U Minh Thuong and U Minh Ha National Park, Nam Can Mangrove Forest, bird sanctuaries of Cha La, Dam Doi, Ngoc Hien (Ca Mau), colorful flower gardens and immense orchards in Sa Dec Flower Village (Dong Thap), Thanh Tam Flower Village (Long An), Cai Mon Fruit Village (Ben Tre)
• Experience true taste of rural hospitality and delicious river fish
• Enjoy traditional songs and dances of Khmer people, art of Don ca tai tu music and song – Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity recognized by UNESCO
• Taste local specialties: fresh coconuts, personnally pick up and enjoy seasonal fruits, natural honey, honey wine, coconut candy
• Visit Khmer pagodas and Buddhist temples reaching for the sky
• Relax on white-sand off-the-beaten track beaches on Phu Quoc insland